Loans have become a too convenient financial solution for arranging funds to fulfill our any kind of needs, be it personal or professional. Be it buying a new house, or car, or arranging money for your child's education or for any other purpose, you can get a loan as per your need and requirement. There are many types of loans available in the market, such as – personal loan, gold loan, wedding loan, etc., but many people do not know about loan against property.
What is loan against property?
A loan that you can avail by mortgaging your property. Loan against Property, as the name suggests, is a loan that is either owned by the applicant or by his guarantor, who is usually the parent. is given in exchange for the value of the property. This property is mortgaged, which means that the property papers and legal ownership of the property remain with the bank till the loan is repaid.
Loan against property is a secured loan, in case of loan default; bank can take over the property and auction it to recover loan dues.
In this loan the home ownership stays with you, you can use and rent out the property. In case if you can't repay the loan amount so you can sell your property and pay off the loan.
In case of joint ownership, all the owners should be a co- applicant.
Some of the main features of Loan Against Property
- The interest rates are very low as the property is mortgaged as the security of the loan.
- This reduces the risk of default in payment on the part of the borrower.
- Banks offer the facility of a longer repayment tenure, which can be up to 15 years.
- Vacant land as well as rented residential property can also be mortgaged for availing loan.
Benefits of taking loan against property:-
- You can use your property to take a loan without transferring your ownership.
- Interest rates are much lower as compared to personal loans.
- The repayment deadline is long, so you get plenty of time to pay it off.
There are some following factors that are considered by the some lenders while looking at your loan application. If you meet these eligibility criteria, you can consider yourself eligible for a personal loan.
|Age||18 to 70 Y||18 to 70 Y|
|Min loan amount||60% of the Property Value||60% of the Property Value|
|Max loan amount||80% of the Property Value||80% of the Property Value|
|Tenure||Upto 15 Y||Upto 15 Y|
|Work Experience||3 Y||5 Y|